In the present situation, screenshots are a lifesaver. The screenshot is a modern way of storing various information from different websites. Nowadays, we all need this mechanism to keep a record of other important stuff we come across.
The Macbook allows you to take screenshots of the displayed screen easily. You can capture the screen and store it for future use. Presently, many people are unaware of keeping these screenshots. Only capturing the screen will not help; you have to save it in the clipboard for future reference.
In this article, we shall discuss a fast and quick way to copy any screenshot directly to the clipboard on your Macbook. Once you know how to store the picture in the clipboard, you can paste it anywhere on the laptop or send it to anybody. Follow this Easy Guide to Copy Mac Screenshot to Clipboard:
- Step 1: To take the screenshot, click on the Command, Shift, and four on the keyboard.
- Step 2: Once you complete the setup, press the Control key. It will capture the screen, which you want to save in the clipboard.
- Step 3: After this, the screenshot will automatically get stored in the clipboard of your Macbook. You can easily share or paste this screenshot anywhere on your Macbook.
- Step 4: Say you want to send the screenshot through messages. You will have to open the desired conversation. Click on Control+V to paste the screenshot in the messaging area.
- Step 5: Once you complete pasting the screenshot, click on the Enter key. It will deliver the screenshot to the person.
Now, if you want to edit the screenshot, you have to follow a different procedure. After you save the screenshot in the clipboard, follow the below-given steps.
- Step 1: To edit the screenshot, you have to launch an application named Preview. So click on Finder in your Macbook and download the Preview application.
- Step 2: After having downloaded the application, open the Preview app. You will find several options at the top of the screen.
- Step 3: Click on the File button at the top right corner. A drop-down menu appears with several options.
- Step 4: Select the first option, “New from clipboard,” to edit the desired screenshot. You can also click on the Control+ N keys to open the screenshot directly.
- Step 5: The preview screen will display the screenshot with several options on it. You can easily highlight areas, crop the picture or edit the screenshot however you want.
In this way, your screenshot will get saved to the clipboard of your Mac. The screenshots get stored in picture or PNG format. They are easier to access than huge files. When you download files, you often catch hold of certain unnecessary information. It is beneficial to take screenshots, which is quick and also saves space.
Now, if you want to take a screenshot of only a particular highlighted area and save it in the clipboard, sometimes, you might want to capture only a part of the screen and not the entire picture; in that case, you have to follow this procedure.
- Step 1: Firstly, click on the Shift, the Command, and Four together. It will allow you to highlight the area that you want to take the screenshot.
- Step 2: The cursor will form a crosshair, and you can then drag the crosshair to select the desired part. After selecting, let go of the cursor; you can see the text highlighted in a box.
- Step 3: Click on the Control key, and the text highlighted will be saved in your clipboard. You can then access this screenshot from the clipboard for your use.
Frequently Asked Questions
My screenshots are blurry. Why?
It may happen if your computer has low storage. It tends to compress the pictures while saving, which leads to low quality. You have to clear storage space on the Macbook to get fine screenshots. Another thing can be the lack of pixel density. It often leads to blurred screenshots; in this case, you have to contact the customer care team for further assistance.
Why can’t I take screenshots any longer?
Sometimes, the laptop restricts you from taking screenshots due to various reasons. Primarily it may be due to wrong settings, so open system preferences. Click on the screenshot to check if you have given all the necessary permissions. Even after this, if the problem persists, there might be a technical problem.
Will I need an anti-virus for my Macbook?
Not really. It is not essential to download anti-virus software on your Mac. The Macbook has the necessary features to restrict viruses. They have in-built programs that act as anti-virus software for the computers.
We have provided easy and simple steps to take screenshots on the Macbook and copy them in the clipboard. You can access these screenshots anytime you want. These screenshots are handy and also save a lot of storage space. We have also mentioned the Preview application, which allows you to modify your screenshots. You can also screenshot a particular block of the page and keep it. Adopt the more innovative way of browsing every time!